Can you believe it?
Now that we are four weeks into the season, it is time to give some thanks for all our coaches and volunteers who are making such a difference to our children this year. Thank you for all you do.
And here are a few other things that are revving up as we head into the Holiday season.
1. 8th Grade Americn Girls, 8th Grade and 7th Grade National girls tournament at the Christ the King Gym. Bring a can of food (or make a small donation) and watch some great girlst basketball. All proceeds benefit St. Vincent DePaul Society. Dates: November 29-30 & December 1. Thanks Thom Martin, Mike Kym and Mark Rolandelli for your leadership.
2. Crab Feed. Looking for details for the February 1, 2014 event. Go to the tab that reads Crab Feed 2014. More details to come.
3. 8th Grade American boys tournament at the Christ the King Gym, December 20-22,. More details to come.
That’s it for now. Back in touch soon. And in the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving!
Christ the King CYO
A quick note to let all of our fans know regisration is closed. We are forming the teams and each family should expect to hear from a coach or commissioner within the next day or so.
= Practice Schedules confirmed (this week)
= 3v3 tournament (4-8 grades). Go here for more: http://ctkcyohoops.org/3v3-tournament/
Back in touch with updates soon!
Happy to report that sign ups are going well for Christ the King CYO Basketball. A couple of updates for you as we enter the last week of online registration.
- Online registration is still open through next week. You can reach the appropriate sign-up page by going right here.
- New Uniforms and Apparel. We are excited to share that this year’s third grade teams will have the opportunity to wear a new look for Christ the King. Please note that uniforms (and other apparel) will be available on each day of evaluations. If your player(s) are in the older classes (4th-8th), you absolutely don’t have to purchase the brand new uniform. We are actively looking for ways to use (and collect) extra uniforms from past years to fill the needs cost effectively. Thanks to Vince Cirelli and Marta Senz for all their leadership and hard work.
- In the past two weeks we have received a few emails from our new families about what to expect on evaluation days. Thanks to the solid leadership of Paolo Braganza, here you go:
- Families check in
- Families go through uniform order line (at least those who need to)
- Players receive the evaluation form
- Players perform skills and volunteers record scores
- Volunteers needed are two per station for total of 10 volunteers (we might need a few parents to help out here).
· CHECK IN/OUT TABLE
· SHOOTING (two SHOOTING stations will be set up because they take the most time)
- There will be time set for scrimmage including 3v3 or 5v5, depending on the numbers and time.
- Families check out
- Teams are formed
That’s it for now. I’m sure we will have another update or two in the next week. You can always reach your commissioners for more information.
Enjoy the long weekend!
Christ the King CYO Basketball
Just a quick update to let you know sign-ups for Christ the King CYO basketball is moving along quite nicely. Online registration is open through September 4 and you can find the link right here.
Additionally, we have secured times and dates for evaluations.
Thursday, September 5
- Grade 3: 4:00-5:00
- Grade 4: 5:15-6:15
- Grade 5: 6:30-7:30
Friday, September 6
- Grade 6: 4:00-5:00
- Grade 7: 5:15-6:15
- Grade 8: 6:30-7:30
Tuesday, September 10
- Grade 3: 4:00-5:30
- Grade 4: 5:45-7:15
Wednesday, September 11
- Grade 7: 4:00-5:30
- Grade 8: 5:45-7:15
Thursday, September 12
- Grade 5: 4:00-5:30
- Grade 6: 5:45-7:15
More details to share soon.
While registration is open for the league (and going fast by the way), we are opening up registration for our second annual 3v3 tournament. Details of the event can be found on the 3v3 tournament page. But registration can be found by clicking right here.
Back in touch with another post in a few days about key dates and time for the rest of the program.
Enjoy the final weeks of summer break!
Christ the King CYO.
Happy summer everyone.
Online Registration for the 2013-2014 Christ the King CYO basketball season is now open.
When you arrive at the CTK Sportability page, just follow the directions and you are all set. Registration will be open through September 4.
During the next few weeks, we will update this page with new posts including:
- Coach’s meeting
- Pre-Season Camps
- 2nd Annual 3v3 basketball tournament
- Any details pertaining to the league play
That is it for now. We look forward to seeing everyone on the court soon.
Are you looking for fun this Summer?
We are happy to report our collective email accounts are blowing up with requests for where to find some extra play time this Summer. That is a good thing.
We’ve updated the site with a tab called Summer 2013. Inside you will find a few of the camps, programs and facilities we have heard about over the past few weeks. We will continue to update the site and hope it is helpful to you.
One flyer that just came our way was for a program called Nite School. Thought we should pass that along in the attachment.
As for CTK, we will be back in touch next month with an announcement or two pertaining to the 2013-2014 season.
See you on the court!
Christ the King CYO