Registration for the 2019-2020 CYO Basketball season is open through September 5, 2019. You can find the link to our Sportability page right here: REGISTRATION LINK.
In addition, below please find an update on the gym renovation and how Christ the King will handle the team evaluation portion of the basketball program.
The parish has put a great deal of energy into the gym. There is a new floor, new bathrooms, new scoreboards and removable padding on the walls for use during the season. You will also notice that the stage has been completely removed! The gym feels modern, and might we say, even a bit bigger.
There is still plenty to do. In the works are plans for new paint, a new WIFI sound system and likely new baskets all the way around, including new equipment for the open area now available to us with the removal of the stage. Movable bench seating around the gym is also on the upgrade list.
The gym floor is being sanded as we (literally) post this blog. After that, it will be treated, lined and painted. We expect this effort to take the better part of September, 2019.
To accommodate those steps, we are moving team evaluations to a new location.
TEAM EVALUATION DETAILS:
Follows are 10 (yep, ten) items you need to know about this team evaluation scheduling.
- Christ the King Team evaluations will take place from September 10-12 and 16-19.
- The location for the team evaluations will be the Ultimate Field House in Walnut Creek
- The schedule for team evaluations can be VIEWED/DOWNLOADED HERE
- Every player that signs up for the program will make a team. If your player has played in the program we ask that they wear their jersey to the workout.
- Most teams will likely have two evaluation sessions. For grades three through six, any player who wants to be considered to participate at the American level must attend both sessions.
- Our apparel team will be on hand to take uniform orders during each day of evaluations. In addition, you may purchase other Christ the King spirit wear on those dates. Those will be the only dates for you to purchase uniforms and apparel.
- All apparel will be delivered to your coaches in advance of the season.
- We expect to have some limited practice times at Ultimate Field House during the week of September 23. We likely won’t be able to accommodate all teams, but we are working on it.
- We expect to have an all teams meeting at the Christ the King gym on Monday, September 30.
- Finally, we expect practices to resume at Christ the King beginning Tuesday, October 1.
That is a bunch of information. If you have questions, please direct them to your grade commissioners:
- Grades 3-5: Eugene McGrane (Eugene.McGrane@cushwake.com)
- Grades 6-8: Bob Rubino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Grades 3-5: Paolo Braganza (email@example.com)
- Grades 6-8: Thom Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org)